NZ Drummer Podcast: ep.47 Daniel Waterson – How To Make Better Music
”I wanted to try and make posts that would develop drummers into musicians and musicians into better musicians…”
At 22 years of age Daniel is the youngest guest so far on the podcast. Despite the young age his concept is already fully formed. After hearing rave reviews of his playing and seeing him live I can confirm the hype is real.
Check out Daniel’s Instagram, which was the inspiration for the episode. Be sure to catch Daniel play live soon.
Here are his tips!
- Clean Environment
- Daily Practice / Habit Stacking
- Self Care – Eating Properly / Excercise
- Clearing Your Mind / Mindfullness / Meditation
- Goal Setting
- Networking / Being A Good Person
- Self Review – a) Recording Yourself / b) ‘I Am Where I Am, Because…’
- Time Feel & Beat Placement
- Body Awareness & Relaxation
- Use Contrast
Ladies & Gentlemen… Daniel Waterson!
End Song Credit.
‘Tape Drums’ – Daniel Waterson
Book Recommend: ‘Atomic Habits’ by James Clear
SUPPORT with a 5 Star rating & nice review on your listening app of choice.
Like & Subscribe!